CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 19, 2008

First Game



#60 is Ricky's best friend. His name is Hunter.


It was the first game for the 8th grade Highlands team yesterday. Ricky started as Center for the offense and as a Line backer for the defense. Ricky played with passion and determination and this mom was more than a little proud to see her son in the light of someone who is in their element. Even on the sidelines Ricky is in the game. Pacing up and down the field, cheering his team on. The start of this year for Ricky has been all about the pay off of the last 5 years of hard work.

I guess I would have to explain why this is so monumental to me. You see I have this personal philosophy about my kids and the activities they do. So for the longest time Ricky has wanted to play football, but for my own personal reasons I like to keep it simple with my kids. So I was depending on the desire and passion of playing to make up for the lost years of experience once Ricky made it onto the field! And it has totally paid off. When I picked Ricky up from his school and he got in the truck the first thing I said was what a great game he played. He said "thanks Mom" and then went on to tell me the things that they need to do better the next game ( I think that this is fine when it is done in a positive way because going back over a situation and accessing the plays helps process and learn for the next time). It was such a good feeling last night to watch him play both on and off the field.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

OOOOOOh, my boy looks good in his uniform! He will is/and will be great.