CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

My current reading status

I have been in a book club for almost a year, Yikes! time has just flown by. So I thought I could list the books we have read since we've started and add the books I've read on the side. I keep an updated bookshelf on www.shelfari.com

So far (listed in order of least favorite to top 3 favs):
The Thirteenth Tale
Three Quarters of an Orange
19 Minutes
A thousand Splendid Suns (!!!)
These is my Words (!!!!)
The Red Tent (!!!!!)

We are currently reading the Time Travelers Wife and I am SOOO falling in love with the characters...the idea of time travel has been a hard one for me to wrap my mind around, so I just have to stop trying to make the concept stick in my mind and just accept that it works :)

On the side I have gotten into the Philipia Gregoire Boleyn Girls books and have loved it (Thanks Kate!)
I've read some random books that I have laying around that I don't remember the titles to.... and of course I've continued to listen and re listen to Harry Potter on CD and also the Lord of the Rings. I've also been listening to a new series of Anne McCaffery books that she wrote with her son Todd on my son Ricky's Ipod when he lets me borrow it. With my daughter Tyler we started reading Anne of Green Gables, one of the best books of all times in my most humble opinion. And Tyler just loves the way Matthew and Marilla talks, and she loves listening about Anne...Abigail has also been expanding her horizons, her favorite book is still the peekaboo book that she got for her birthday, she loves to ROAR like a tiger when we get to the page that the tiger is hiding behind the curtain...poor Ricky has been stuck reading one of the Hardy Boys books because it is Mystery month for school...at home he continues to listen to Anne McCaffery on his Ipod


1 comment:

Kate said...

In my book club, we just read the book Princess Academy. It is a teen novel, but soooo good. It tugs on all girls heartstrings :) I recommend it!
Heres a link

http://www.amazon.com/Princess-Academy-Shannon-Hale/dp/1599900734/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221190011&sr=8-1

Sorry so long :)